2008年5月25日星期日

Poor old mango tree

Ill miss the days when going to our backyard was a comfort.

Our backyard was a heaven for me. During the morning I would go back and sit underneath our big mango tree smoking my favorite cigarette while drink my coffee.

Looking at my dogs, looking at Tilapias and Dalag’s in the river.

This might all change now, two days ago my mother told me that she was going to trim the mango tree, I said yes, I imagine the word trip refers to cutting some of the overgrown branches which was staring to touch the roof of our house.

So off to work I go in the morning not knowing that she was about to slaughter the tree.

Yep you read it right, I said slaughter since she left only the tree trunk standing.

I really can’t understand the logic my mom told me.

Before that the sun couldn’t even pierce through our backyard meaning the place was comfortable, the wind was cold and was pleasant to hangout.

It would be much more interesting to see and I think you would agree with me if I had a picture of the tree after the so called trimming but I don’t have a digital camera now.

That tree also produce sweet mango’s by the way.

Now its hot, very hot.

Agree and frustrated, that’s how I feel right now, I wish I didn’t go to work that day when my mom told me she was going to trim that tree, I could have salvage it. But its done and all I can do now is close my eyes and imagine, remember what it was like underneath that big old tree.

没有评论: